Applicants must provide proof of their right to work in the UK as BPP are unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Customer Service – Customer Service Advisor
Type of Contract Permanent
Purpose of the position
Strongly assist with administration and customer service for all professional development products, including joint ventures. Be the primary point of contact between freelance presenters, venues and our purchase ledger teams, ensuring prompt payment of invoices while meeting strict deadlines.
The role is based in Manchester and includes working from home days depending on business requirements.
- Proactively handle daily phone and email inquiries regarding all PD products
- Process reservations, transfers, billing requests, cancellations/postponements and any other requests received from delegates, clients, colleagues and joint venture partners.
- Respond to all related emails in SLA for all inboxes including (but not limited to) CIMA On-Demand, Insolvency, PD Online, CIMA CPD, LD ICAS, PD E-learning, ACCA, Litigation Training and PD Operations.
- Updating attendance data for all PD programs.
- Assist with PD Online queries and process.
- Verify venues have been assigned to each event by broader BPP teams or help find external venues at competitive rates.
- Help monitor course capacity by identifying over/under capacity courses, then apply appropriate action with guidance from the Client Operations Team Leader.
- Manage and prioritize emails/invoices in freelancer billing inbox. Also processing invoices from external sites.
- Check invoices for correct charges, expenses and ensure all receipts are present.
- Manual coding of invoices and entry details on the PD system and on a spreadsheet.
- Enter data into the invoice spreadsheet to keep it accurate and up-to-date.
- Obtain approval of invoices and email them to purchase register on a weekly basis.
- Promptly deal with all freelancer queries to avoid late payments.
- Filing of invoices in date order.
department Professional Development – PD Operations
vacation spot UK, North West, Manchester St James’s
- Self-disciplined with the ability to prioritize effectively
- Experience working in a busy environment
- Customer service experience
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Conscientious and reliable
- A clear voice on the phone with a polite, tactful and friendly demeanor
- Ability to handle complaints from freelancers and delegates
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Good computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Word)
- Able to work under pressure, sometimes to tight deadlines
- Must be adaptable to change and cope with new processes
- Must have great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Account administration experience (preferred but not essential)
Contract hours 37.50
AND P 1.00