You would have seen many PDF files and use PDF invoices for your products or services. But if you get annoyed at the sight of incorrect PDF files, we have good news.
You can edit PDF invoices yourself. With the right tools and apps, you can do this easily. So let’s explore a few ways to fix errors in a PDF invoice. You will find it convenient and productive to do so.
Why would you want to edit a PDF invoice?
Whether you’re a service professional, designer, content creator, or business owner, there can be many reasons to edit your PDF invoices.
Perhaps the invoice amount was entered incorrectly or was not updated according to your new rates. You may have launched a new company logo and moved to a larger office. You would surely like to add this logo and this new address to your invoices.
Plus, when invoicing a new customer, you can edit a previous PDF invoice instead of creating a new one from scratch. Or maybe your client or customer asked you to correct their address or email on the invoice.
On the other hand, you as a customer want to correct your details in the invoice you are charged for your records and for tax purposes.
Whatever the reason, you can edit a PDF invoice with the right software. Let’s explore how.
How to Fix Errors in a PDF Invoice with a PDF Editor
Even though PDFs are a bit difficult to edit, once you have the right PDF editor, you can easily edit text and images as well.
For this tutorial, we’ll be using Desygner, an excellent pdf editor and design tool that comes with a 14-day free trial. Desygner allows you to modify every element of your PDF file. Here’s how:
- Go to Desygner.com/pdfeditor, click on Try for free and register.
- Click on the My creations tab at the top of the home page.
- In My creations, Click on Import PDF files to upload the file from your PC or drag and drop the invoice.
- Click on the three points menu at the bottom right of your PDF. Then click Edit to open the editor.
- In the Desygner editor, you will see that every element of the PDF invoice is editable: text, fonts, images, colors and even layers.
- Make changes to your PDF invoice. For example, as you can see in the screenshot, the masthead design is copied and pasted below for a new look, then the Thanks text has been added.
- In addition, the invoice number, you can change item descriptions, amounts and even the font. This way you can edit anything you want in your invoice.
- Finally click on Case at the top of the page, and you’ll have the option to to safeguard Where Auto save. Click on To safeguard, and the options to save it as JPEG, PDF or more will be displayed.
- Save it as PDF and click To download to get it on your PC.
As you can see in the screenshot above, this is the final edited PDF invoice with all changes.
Best Free and Paid Online Editors
The free trial version of Desygner lasts only 14 days. Then you can purchase the Pro+ subscription for $9.94 per month, which includes up to six users.
However, there are other free and more affordable editors that do the job as well as Desygner. Here are some of our top picks:
You can also check out our list of the best free online PDF editors and the best free and paid PDF editors for Mac.
How to Fix Errors in a PDF Invoice Using Microsoft Word
Even if you don’t have a PDF editor, you can edit PDF invoices using Microsoft Word. But remember that this method works best with text invoices. Files that contain too many pictures or graphics may not display correctly in Word. Here’s how to do it for text PDF invoices:
- Open Microsoft Word on your PC
- Click on Open, find the PDF invoice and open it in Word.
- You will receive a prompt that Word will now convert your PDF to an editable document. Click on OKAY to open the file.
- Your invoice will open in Word and you will see that you can easily edit the text.
- So make your changes and when you’re done, click Case so what Save asand save the file in PDF format.
How to Fix Errors in a PDF Invoice on Your Phone for Free
You can also edit your bill on the go on your phone. For example, you can download the Desygner Android or iOS app or other apps to edit your PDF invoices. However, it will only be up to the free trial period.
If you want to edit your PDF for free, you must have a few apps handy. Let’s see how.
- Download WPS Office app and PDF to Word Converter app on your phone.
- Open the PDF to Word Converter app. Click on Select PDF to choose the PDF invoice to convert. The app will rename your file as a combination of random letters and numbers.
Some of these free apps have a few ads between the steps. Ignore them and close them.
- Click on Convert. The file will then be converted and will appear as a .docx file at the top of the page that opens.
- Now click on the file or the three-dot menu next to it to open it. If you already have WPS Office installed, it will likely appear as an option to open the file. So click on WPS Office to open the file in the application.
- You can also open the WPS Office application. Click on Files down then on This Device > Download. The PDF2Word Converter folder will be in To download. Open it to access your converted invoice. Then click on your invoice .docx, which will open in WPS Office.
- Click on the Edit at the top left to edit invoice details, such as descriptions, addresses, and amounts.
- When you’re done, click the to safeguard icon then on Do.
- Now click on Tools at the bottom left and select Save as. On the Save screen, choose where you want to save the file, like on your phone.
- On the next page, at the bottom right, click on the down arrow to choose the .pdf option.
- This is also the time to rename your file – from a mix of numbers and letters – to whatever you want.
- Finally, click on the Export to PDF button. You can view the saved file and then exit the application.
- Then open My folders on your phone and click Documents. Your edited PDF invoice would probably be at the top of the list. Just select it and send it like any other file via WhatsApp, Gmail, Bluetooth or other options.
- To download: WPS Office for Android | iOS (Free in-app purchases available)
- To download: PDF to Word Converter for Android (free in-app purchases available)
- To download: PDF Converter: PDF to Word for iOS (free in-app purchases available)
Work smart and easily edit PDF invoices
You might want to edit your PDF invoices more often than you can imagine. This not only fixes errors, but can also save you time because you can use the same PDF to create a new one.
So choose the right PDF editor to work smarter and get things done easier.