LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – The Indiana State Police has extended the application deadline for the upcoming recruiting academy.
In a statement, the ISP said applications can be submitted online until 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 30, 2022.
Basic eligibility requirements:
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years old and under 40 when appointed as a police employee. (Graduation date is December 15, 2022)
- Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 binocular distance acuity in both eyes.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to drive an automobile.
- Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere in the State of Indiana as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must have a high school diploma evidenced by a Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Starting in July, the salary of soldiers in training will increase to $47,000 plus approximately 200 hours of paid leave. Interns will also receive approximately $3,800 in paid overtime during the academy.
After graduating, trainee soldiers can earn $51,000 a year. After more training, a cash bonus of $5,000 is available.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits during Academy and Probationary Year.
- Options to purchase military and law enforcement services. Service Purchase Calculator
- NEW Take-Along Patrol Car issued after completing FTO period (includes out-of-service use).
- Uniforms and over $9,000 of NEW equipment offered at no cost.
- 3 hours of on-call physical training per week.
- 40 days of paid leave per year and 150 hours of new parent leave.
- Health/vision/dental and life insurance options for working and retired people.
- Lifetime pension and deferred remuneration with counterpart from the State.
- Endless opportunities and career advancement.
To apply, go to Indiana Trooper.com.
Copyright 2022 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.